The Florida Democratic Party is seeking a Digital Director that can continue building the premier State Party
digital program in the nation. The Digital Director will manage all aspects of the digital program; email
fundraising, social media copywriting and execution, graphic content development, video production, online
advertising, website maintenance, and manage outside vendors when necessary.
Digital Director will work to amplify party messaging and Democratic elected officials across the state.
Additional responsibilities include growing FDP’s email list, building our online fundraising program, and
continuing to grow our presence on social media, as well as the ability to produce rapid-response social
media content at a moment’s notice.
• Develop an overarching department digital strategy, complete with digital metrics.
• Manage all social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Medium, while
staying up-to-date on new social media opportunities and updates to various online platforms.
• Work closely with the Communications Department to track breaking news that can be amplified
• Write engaging and productive fundraising emails with rigorous testing and optimization, listsegmentation,
and email list maintenance.
• Develop online fundraising and engagement goals, and email calendars.
• Execute high-performing fundraising emails under tight deadlines, mobilizing supporters to attend FDP
or surrogate events, and mobilization of volunteers.
• Grow email list organically, and through digital advertising.
• Design engaging digital and print graphics (fundraising emails, social media, rally signs, flyers, logos
for FDP events, etc.)
• Maintain, and update website with press releases, and other updates needed for other departments.
• Production of digital analytics reports to optimize performance of digital program using data-driven
• Work seamlessly with all other departments, Democratic candidates and local parties to promote FDP
efforts, digitally and with print design.
• Ability to work long hours, nights, and weekends when necessary.
• Minimum 2 years experience running cutting edge digital campaigns.
• Excellent persuasive and engaging writing ability that can be demonstrated in long-form emails in
different voices and translated into copy that’s under 140 characters.
• Experience sending fundraising emails, and managing a successful email program for a candidate, or
• Proficient in Adobe Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator experience is required, After Effects, InDesign and
other Adobe products is helpful).
• Proficient in using CRMs. (Blue State Digital *preferred*)
• Proficient in using CMSs. (Wordpress, HiFi, Drupal, etc.)
• Experience producing engaging videos, using tv clips, stock footage/audio, producing subtitles.
(Proficiency in Final Cut Pro or Abobe Premier are required)
• Experience running an efficient digital advertising program.
• Experience and working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at the same time while
meeting tight deadlines.
• Incredible eye for detail.
Helpful skills, but not required:
• Experience with DSLR cameras, capturing high-quality images and video.
• Ability to code websites, microsites.
• Ability to create interactive graphics (Java, Tableau, etc.)
• Some knowledge of Florida politics.
• Spanish language proficiency
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, several examples of graphics and videos you have produced or a link to
online portfolio (*preferred*), and examples of fundraising emails and social copywriting that you have
produced to Tessa Bay, at the Office of the Chair (email@example.com ) with the subject line: Digital
This position will be located in Fort Lauderdale, FL
This is a full-time position, salary is competitive and based on experience/skillset. The Florida Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and all interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Florida Democratic Party is committed to hiring an inclusive, diverse staff. The FDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
214 South Bronough Street | Tallahassee, FL 32301
Contact us at FDPinfo@fladems.com
Paid for by the Florida Democratic Party. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.
Paid political advertisement paid for by the Florida Democratic Party. 214 South Bronough Street Tallahassee, FL 32301