CAMPAIGN MANAGER, STATE SENATE DISTRICT 37, FLORIDA SENATE VICTORY
Democratic Senate Victory is hiring a campaign manager position for the for a Democratic Florida State Senate re-election campaign in Miami-Dade’s District 37.
- Campaign Plan: Draft and implement a winning campaign plan that outlines the campaign’s efforts through Election Day, including fundraising, canvassing, phoning, volunteer recruitment, district outreach, paid communications and local media relations. A large part of this will be the paid media, direct mail, digital and research plans.
- Fundraising Plan: Assist the finance director in drafting and implement fundraising plan that relies on direct mail solicitations, candidate phone calls, online fundraising, fundraising events and small fundraising events. Manage the finance director and candidate to make sure that necessary call time is being made and that fundraising goals are being met.
- Campaign Budget: With help from the Caucus Director create a campaign budget and track cash flow.
- Candidate Management: Manage the candidate’s time by scheduling times for canvassing, fundraising calls and endorsement interviews. Keep the candidate on schedule and on task. Always make sure they have the preparation and information needed to succeed. You serve as the gatekeeper to all the competing interests for the candidate’s time.
- Vendor Team Management: Manage the daily workflow of the vendor team making sure that mail pieces, TV ads and polling is approved in a timely fashion based on predetermined plans. Lead weekly team calls and create agendas for calls so that any issues needing to be addressed are brought up.
- Volunteer Recruitment and Management: Using the candidate’s personal contacts, county parties, and local connections, recruit, train and manage campaign volunteers. Secure commitments throughout the cycle and assign relevant tasks.
- Field Planning and Executing: Work with the Senate Victory Field Director on determining the type of field plan and drafting the field plan for you district. Due to permanent Senate Victory Field Director most tasks of this process will be handled directly by Senate Victory. You will serve as a liaison to the paid program for the candidate and campaign volunteers.
- Press Relations: Serve as the campaign contact for local and statewide media. Coordinate with Senate Victory and consultants in drafting press releases when appropriate, and preparing candidate for press opportunities.
- Office Management: Secure donated, shared or low-cost office space for the campaign, and serve as office manager for the space. Answer phones and screen candidate’s email.
- Contribution and Expenditure Tracking: Work with the campaign Treasurer and finance director to establish and maintain accurate records of bank account, contributions and expenditures, and assist the Treasurer with contribution and expenditure report filings when needed.
- Website Maintenance: Maintain the campaign’s website so that it serves as a valuable and up-to-date communication tool, or delegate this task when appropriate.
- Field Planning and Executing: Work with the Senate Victory Field Director on determining the type of field plan and drafting the field plan for you district.
- Hiring and Managing Staff: Interview, hire, train and supervise staff for a paid canvassing and phone-banking program.
- Script Writing: Write and deploy effective scripts for phone bankers and canvassers with numerous potential goals: volunteer recruitment, voter registration, vote-by mail registration, persuasion, and turnout.
- Data Entry: Keep up-to-date and accurate records of field work performed, to be delivered to the Senate Victory Field Director and Operations Director.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Compensation package include full health and dental benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, e-mail your resume and cover letter to DemCampaignJob305@gmail.com and use Campaign Manager - State Senate District 37 as the subject line. Please do not contact the Florida Democratic Party. This position is listed for Florida Senate Victory.